Tuesday, March 13, 2007
We have arrived!
Shirley and her Partridge Family kids have arrived safely in foster care and everybody was
extremely tired out!
I think Shirley will be relieved when she gets a bit more time to herself, as with five suckling puppies she's not gotten much lately.
Shirley is a good mommy and is very patient with her pups.
As you can tell, she's neglected to look out for herself, as she's extremely thin--but we're sure we will get her back up in weight in no time!

Here is a rather hilarious report from the Partridge family's foster mom of their transport and arrival:
I have sent a few photos - hope everyone got to see them. The puppies are adorable, of course! Already eating dry food!!! At 4 wks, 4 days old. I think Mom is getting a bit tired of them - they are relentless after the "boobies". She had a blast running around in the house and the yard without them. She was SO tired when we got in the car today - she literally fell asleep standing up half in and half out of the front seat. This was after I had to put my KFC lunch in the trunk to keep her from eating the car seats! But not before she sat on my drink with her icky post-partum booty! What IS that stuff, anyway - is that NORMAL?!?! Yuck - never had a baby, never will... I just had to give her a gentle push and she collapsed in the floorboard. Everyone (except me, of course) slept HARD for about 2 hours, then the crying began!!! One of the ones with the spot on the head is a SCREAMER. I stopped at a cemetery to try to let the screamer nurse - it turned into mayhem - it is REALLY hard to keep five wiggly pups and a hyper mom contained in a car by yourself!!! Next time, I will have to take a helper along. And they were actually BURYING someone during all of this!! Thank goodness the family had gone and it was only the grave-diggers there! Can I not have a normal, event-free foster experience?!?! She was fine with my girls for the first couple of hours, then she suddenly got nasty with them - I think because of the pups. She is currently chilling in the dog room with the kids. She is really sweet, but is a counter-surfer supremo! And she has jumped up in the middle of my dining room table twice trying to get to a bowl of banty eggs I have there for decoration. She kept jumping up on the desk at the vet's and helping herself to the cookie jar! It's like she has springs in her feet or something! She is already pointing everything birdy in sight. I think she is fond of men - she grovels and acts like a hussy for my buddy David. Anyway, will keep y'all posted!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer